September Flyin

Online Events that all pilots are welcome to join in
Roger Eve
Position: Asst Hub Captain

September Flyin

Postby Roger Eve » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Hello Fellow Noble Members!

As promised the next Flyin is on the 2nd September starting at 2100 GMT/Zulu/UT.

For this flight we are moving to the USA with a passenger flight from Dallas Fort Worth (KDFW) to San Diego (KSAN) on the Pacific coast.

I have attached a file with all the details.

Please make a special effort to join in especially if you havent done so in the past. It really is good fun and everyone is very friendly and willing to help.

I look forward to being with you all on the day.

Cheers

Roger Eve

Events Manager
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roger Eve
NBL1227G
Events Manager

MHoneywell

Re: September Flyin

Postby MHoneywell » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:52 am

This is an apology for almost screwing up the July Flyin. After reading the details of the Sept. event, I went back and read event details for July, EGKK/LOWI , And realized I did not pick up on 2 items that were listed. Having said that, I have a Question. I believe I heard before take off that we were using real weather which was in detail PDF, I was using AS 16, and then I'm sure I heard we were using Real Time, and questioned that and I'm sure I heard an affirmative, but our Video is in Daylight :oops: But that is fun part of being a simulation.

Milt
Milt Honeywell
NBL1469G
HC/KSFO

David Franklin
Position: Hub Captain

Postby David Franklin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:29 pm

Of course we can all fly our own route. Just posting up a quick route to be helpful since I know a little about flying around here.

DEPARTURE SID
WORTH1.ABI
http://dtpp.myairplane.com/pdfs/SC-2/06039WORTH.PDF

ARRIVAL STAR
(RNAV) IPL.TOPGN1
http://dtpp.myairplane.com/pdfs/SW-3/00373TOPGN.PDF

Good website to find US airways fixes is http://www.airnav.com. Helpful with the RNAV SID/STARS.

Suggested Route: WORTH1.ABI.J65.CME.J65.PHX.BZA.IPL.TOPGN1

I hope I'm able to join ya online if I can figure out the issue with JoinFS. If not, I'll fly VATSIM and join ya on TS.
NBL4368G
Senior ATP Captain
Pilot/ATC/Americas Hub -
Dallas-FtWorth

Roger Eve

Postby Roger Eve » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:20 pm

You are correct Milt. The original plan was for a daylight flight, but after discussion on the day it was decided to go to real-time as it would make it much harder. Norbert joined us a little late and we didn't tell him that we had made the change so he flew it in daylight, hence the video. Most of us were using real weather, but as the wind was very light at Innsbruck we decided to make it the 08 approach, which we thought would be difficult, but turned out to be very straightforward. The only mountains I saw in the dark were those on my terrain display :roll: :D
Roger Eve
NBL1227G
Events Manager

Ben South
Site Admin

Postby Ben South » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Here's a couple of videos I found on YouTube that could give you a little teaser.
The first one is a departure from KDFW and secondly an arrival at KSAN.
Unfortunately, the departure video is just a basic video but there's not many available to post so It's the best I can find.

KDFW Departure.

KSAN Arrival.
The 'Training' sections of the NobleAir Forums are open and free to use by the general public and non-members of NobleAir VA.
Non members can join NobleAir VA by visiting our website.
http://www.nobleair.net/

Roger Eve

Postby Roger Eve » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:16 pm

Hello Fellow Noble Members!

As usual this is a gentle reminder for the September Flyin from Dallas (KDFW) to San Diego (KSAN). Start time is 2100 UT/Zulu. Any passenger aircraft may be used for this flight, and it is available as an assignment so lots of points available on the PIREP.

The information you need for the flight is attached.

I hope to see lots of you ready on the ground at DFW.

Best wishes

Roger
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roger Eve
NBL1227G
Events Manager

David Franklin

Postby David Franklin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:41 am

Well seems I'll be joining ya on TS only (if I'm not dealing with hurricane assistance) as I don't have FSX up and running to capacity to fly with ya. But it'll be like usual for me as I've flown into SAN before on a ribbon flight. With my B748 before it got it's Noble colors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK84f14j4wQ
NBL4368G
Senior ATP Captain
Pilot/ATC/Americas Hub -
Dallas-FtWorth

Roger Eve

Postby Roger Eve » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:37 am

What we are seeing on the news from Texas, it looks dreadful. Good to hear you are safe and sound. We are all thinking of those Texans whose lives have been devastated.
Roger Eve
NBL1227G
Events Manager

Roger Eve

Postby Roger Eve » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:35 am

Thanks to all those that joined in the flying last night. 6 pilots took part and we arrived safely in San Diego, just a few minutes apart. It was good to see our aircraft all parked up together against the terminal. Did anyone take a screen shot?

I'm working on the October event so watch this space.

Cheers

Roger
Roger Eve
NBL1227G
Events Manager

David Franklin

Postby David Franklin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Roger Eve wrote:What we are seeing on the news from Texas, it looks dreadful. Good to hear you are safe and sound. We are all thinking of those Texans whose lives have been devastated.

Thanks Roger. Luckily I was in an area that didn't get much damage.
NBL4368G
Senior ATP Captain
Pilot/ATC/Americas Hub -
Dallas-FtWorth

Return to “Events”