WorldFlight 2015 - "Watch The Dot!"

Online Events that all pilots are welcome to join in
Edward Watson
Position: Chairman

Re: WorldFlight 2015 - "Watch The Dot!"

Postby Edward Watson » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:21 am

Yes we can... we might start the webcam early.. it's about 7hrs till we start bringing VH-NWF back to Sydney from Boeing Field in Seattle.

Boeing have notified me that the re-fitment is complete, the aircraft has been painted and serviced and is waiting for us.
Roger wouldn't sign off on Russian Reindeer Leather.. so this will have to do!

Edward Watson
NBL3668G
Chairman
Asst Hub Captain - Australia

Beech Baron: Uh, ATC, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747.
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

Geoff Thomson
Position: Fleet Manager

Postby Geoff Thomson » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:45 am

Love the interior Ed. Aircraft is sitting on the ground at KBFI and has been released ready for you guys to take her back to Sydney. I will fly with you guys back from Seattle to Sydney as well.
Geoff Thomson
NBL5370G Oceania/Asia
Noble Air VA

MHoneywell

Postby MHoneywell » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:05 pm

I have to apologize for not being around for the past couple of days. We had a bit of a medical emergency here Wednesday night. My wife passed out and fell hitting her head on the kitchen table ( small fracture to back of head ), Ambulance to hospital, monitored in ER they found her in A Fib big time. Her heart was actually stopping for 5 to 10 seconds. 8 AM Friday she had a Pacemaker implanted and is due home within the next 4 or 5 hours.

I really was intending to be there at the end of World Flight but priority's demanded otherwise. A few observations, I had a terrible time with the chat box, probably something I did early on. I even registered, yet every time I opened NobleTV, It did not recognize me as registered, like I said, probably something I did in the setup. I don't know how many views the site had, or what an accurate count would be since it appeared every time the broadcast went to commercial Ads, when it returned to broadcast it seemed to add to the number of views again. The last 70 % of the broadcast was very smooth, and enjoyable, Kudos for Big Ed, I know this was no easy undertaking and I applaud his efforts and those of the rest of the team. I also want to thank the whole team for our ( Noble Air ) involvement in the World Flight Session. Everybody have a safe trip home. Hope to see some pictures with names of everyone involved, I mean eveyone, Pilots, and all of the background support team, families and friends.

Milt

PS the watch dog also, that was coolhearing the barking near rhe cockpit :lol: :lol:
Milt Honeywell
NBL1469G
HC/KSFO

Edward Watson

Postby Edward Watson » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Thank you for your kind words Milt, I hope the wife recovers well..
Roger is making an "Awesome!" video, as we planned it early from members leaving home, some great video sequences, stills, go-pro footage while wearing a head cam and even bits about post worldflight where we took Roger and Mark to feed Kangaroos..

It will be out when roger finishes the editing although the early cuts are "AMAZING!"..

It is a true group of aviation enthusiasts that belong to Noble, I and hope if I decide to do it again that others would consider coming.
Worldflight is an experience of No sleep, continuous simming, racing against the clock.. great times, great comrades and one that should not be missed.
Edward Watson
NBL3668G
Chairman

MHoneywell

Postby MHoneywell » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:13 pm

Looking forward to Roger's finished product. I thoroughly enjoyed the broadcast. Kangaroos, eh I'll bet that will be interesting. Wife came home Saturday, will be using a walker for a week or two, other than that she is feeling much better, very little pain, and she watched them implant the pacemaker. Not her favorite thing to watch she says. So far this morning I have spent 3 hours on the phone making follow up appointments with Doctors, and the hospital, she has stitches removed this Friday, personal Doctor appt. next Tues. and another Cat Scan on Dec 16, with neurologist appt. 2 days later. Everything looks good for now. Whoops, just thought of another call I have to make, it doesn't end. :lol:

Milt
Milt Honeywell
NBL1469G
HC/KSFO

Roger Eve
Position: Asst Hub Captain

Postby Roger Eve » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:26 am

At Dubai on the way home after a brilliant time in Adelaide. Great company and made wonderfully welcome by Ed, Adriana and Ashleigh. So good to see some familiar faces and put a few new faces to their TS voices.
Thanks to everyone for giving me a really fun time.
Roger Eve
NBL1227G
Events Manager

Geoff Thomson
Position: Fleet Manager

Postby Geoff Thomson » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:21 am

have a safe trip Roger was good to see you on cam flying and you obviously had a good time.
Geoff Thomson
NBL5370G Oceania/Asia
Noble Air VA

Mark Newby

Postby Mark Newby » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:33 pm

Made it to KDFW, two flights down and one to go. I would agree with Roger above it was a very fun week, and now I have faces to go with voices on TeamSpeak. A big thank you to Ed, his wife, and daughter for all that they did, and making us feel very welcome.
Mark Newby
NBL1723G
Americas

Mark Newby

Postby Mark Newby » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:42 pm

Well, I made it home last night about 2140 local time. Yesterday was a trying day kind of. My gate for American 2799 got changed four times between the time I landed and the time we boarded, with the last one coming about 10 minutes before we were supposed to board. I think I was from one end of terminal B to the other changing gates. All in all though it was three good flights, even though I had to go through security at every airport except my home airport. Thanks again Ed, Adriana and Ashleigh for making us feel welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark Newby
NBL1723G
Americas

Edward Watson

Postby Edward Watson » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:05 am

Official Noble Video

https://vimeo.com/145719038
Edward Watson
NBL3668G
Chairman

Return to “Events”