Round the World first adventure

Joe Rodriguez

Round the World first adventure

Postby Joe Rodriguez » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:06 pm

This was my first RTW trip for Nobleair. Although I missed two runways for a few inches, a snow storm didn't let me see the runway when I arrived in Moscow and I ran over the end of the runway in Ghana :shock: it was a great trip, and made me Pilot of the Month in November 2013. I'll do it again. :D Check this out.
Round the World 1 - Route.gif

RTW 1 List .gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe Rodriguez
NBL5368G NZ
Just another pilot
New Zealand Hub

Roger Eve
Position: Asst Hub Captain

Re: Round the World first adventure

Postby Roger Eve » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Great RTW Joe, you certainly didn't take the shortest route :lol: :D
Roger Eve
NBL1227G
Events Manager

Joe Rodriguez

Postby Joe Rodriguez » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:55 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe Rodriguez
NBL5368G NZ
Just another pilot
New Zealand Hub

Adam Magiera

Postby Adam Magiera » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:50 am

That is indeed a fine world flight if I do say so myself. Its good to see someone take the time to do a nice long, well-planned world flight.
NBL4110G
Hub Captain - BOS Hub

Tony Forrest

Postby Tony Forrest » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:19 am

That earned the "G" rate...... :D
[size=85]Tony Forrest NBL5136G
Fleet Command ATP
Forum Administrator

Joe Rodriguez

Postby Joe Rodriguez » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:09 am

Adam Magiera wrote:That is indeed a fine world flight if I do say so myself. Its good to see someone take the time to do a nice long, well-planned world flight.

This morning, flying to Samoa I had a terrible experience that made me reflect on Adam's post. I'll post it here just as an anecdote, and leave the discussion for another more appropriate forum. :roll: This is what happened:

7:00 am Mexican time, beautiful Sunday morning, perfect to start another RTW flight. Please understand that changing the B744 you flew for a month for an A343 may carry some habits that may lead to chaos. So, with all the tools available I planned this first haul to Samoa. Particularly the fuel calculations can be heck for a language professional over the first cup of coffee in the morning. Rehearsal of every procedure, specially the descent below FL100. And so.

By about 8:00 I finally requested clearance to taxi to the active. The flight was perfect except for some turbulence. But once I entered Faleolo International's airspace and I set up for final approach. You know. The details give a special flavour to this virtual profession. :ugeek: Airspeed 210 knots. Altitude 1500 over the altitude of the airport. Let me see. 58 feet plus 15 hundred....rounds up to....1600 feet! Wow! What a great pilot I am! :twisted: I adjusted my altitude and turned into base leg when I saw something that resembled a palm tree passing by the windshield. :shock: A PALM TREE!!? What the heck is... TOO LATE HONEY!!! By the time I changed to outside view I had already flown into a hill someone had left lying near the beach. :oops: A four hour perfect flight was right there lying on the floor!!! Never mind the 292 pax and 15 crew lying there too. :twisted: MY FOUR HOUR FLIGHT! And who left this hill sitting unattended right here? They should have left a warning sign at least. "Watch your step. 2000 feet tall hills scattered around." or something. :cry: MY FOUR HOUR FLIGHT! I recall someone said it would take only two! :oops: And Adam thinks I am a good planner! :lol:
Joe Rodriguez
NBL5368G NZ
Just another pilot
New Zealand Hub

Tony Forrest

Postby Tony Forrest » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:01 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[size=85]Tony Forrest NBL5136G
Fleet Command ATP
Forum Administrator

Roger Eve
Position: Asst Hub Captain

Postby Roger Eve » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:46 am

:D :D I still have to live down forgetting to adjust my altimeter on an approach into Geneva, on FSHost as well!! The Swiss Alps and even virtual metal don't mix too well :? :o :cry: :cry:
Roger Eve
NBL1227G
Events Manager

Adam Magiera

Postby Adam Magiera » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:08 am

Well....I said it was a good plan...Not necessarily a good execution of said plan :lol: :D
NBL4110G
Hub Captain - BOS Hub

Charlie Harris

Postby Charlie Harris » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:45 am

Joe,
Congratulations on earning your "G" rating. I've completed three WTR tours with Noble Air, enjoyed everyone.
NBL4098G
Command ATP Captain
Hub: Dallas-Ft Worth

Return to “Screenshot Gallery”